IBD deficiency is inherited in an autosomal recessive manner. It affects both boys and girls equally.

بیماری آی بی دی از طریق یک آتوزومال مغلوب به ارث می رسد. و تاثیر آن در دختران وپسران یکسان است


Everyone has a pair of genes that make the isobutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase enzyme. In children with IBD deficiency, neither of these genes works correctly. These children inherit one non-working gene for the condition from each parent

همه انسانها یک جفت ژن دارند که مسئول تولید آنزیم isobutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase هستند. در کودکان مبتلا به آی بی دی هیچ کدام از این ژنها درست کار نمی کنند. این کودکان از هر یک از والدین خود یک ژن که  درست کار نمی کند را به ارث می برند.

 

Parents of children with IBD deficiency rarely have the disorder. Instead, each parent has a single non-working gene for IBD deficiency. They are called carriers. Carriers do not have IBD deficiency because the other gene of this pair is working correctly

کودکان مبتلا به آی بی دی کمتر اتفاق می افتد که والدین مبتلا به این بیماری باشند. به جای آن هر یک از والدین دارای یک ژنی  هستند که به درستی کار نمی کند. این والدین را حامل می نامند. حاملان، بیماری آی بی دی را ندارند چون همانطور که گفته شد از یک جفت ژن، یک ژن دارند که درست کار می کند

When both parents are carriers, there is a 25% chance in each pregnancy for the child to have IBD deficiency. There is a 50% chance for the child to be a carrier, just like the parents. And, there is a 25% chance for the child to have two working genes

وقتی هر دو والدین حامل باشند، احتمال 25% در هر یک از حاملگی ها برای کودک وجود دارد که مبتلا به آی بی دی باشد. احتمال 50% برای کودک وجود دارد تا حامل باشد، (شبیه والدین خود) و 25% احتمال این هست که کودک دارای هر 2 ژن سالم باشد